US Army Blimp System
The US Army blimp rapid-deployment kit is designed to give units in theater a proven system that is easy to order, ship and deploy.
Current clients include bases in Iraq and Afganistan and systems ordered by the US Army REF group in Bethesda, MD for unknown locations.
Shipping is through the REF, or direct via DHL or Freight Forwarder.
Kits include all necessary components for launch, recovery and operation of the blimp.
- Electric winch system with 300 meter Dacron tether
- Battery power (12v DC)
- 120VAC and 12v Battery charger
- Self-contained launcher/crate
- Dummy payload with rechargeable battery and strobe with 20+ hour duration
- Bladder patch repair kits
- Fill hose, Helium tank adapter
30ft. Blimp Kit Price $8,000 FOB Deland, FL
Pictured below is the launcher crate with side handles, inside of the crate, and decoy payload.
||Approx. Net Lift
||28 ft. x 9 ft. (8.5m x 2.7m)
|1500 ft.3 (44m3)
||48 lbs. (22kg)
||33 ft. x 12 ft. (10m x 3.6m)
||2200 ft.3 (64m3)
||80 lbs. (25kg)
||38 ft. x 14 ft. (11.5m x 4.2m)
||3500 ft.3 (99m3)
||130 lbs. (60kg)