Southern Balloon Works, a division of Aerial Products Corporation, serves the aerial imaging, aerial photography and aerial advertising communities. Our electronics systems are designed locally, engineered internationally and manufactured and supported at our headquarters in DeLand, FL USA.
We are one of the most respected balloon and blimp manufacturers in the USA. We exclusively manufacture the only two wind-resistant balloon designs in the world, the Floatograph Technologies’ Skydoc balloon and the bladders for the Sandy Allsopp Helikite.
We are 'the' Balloon Manufacturer
only are we your direct source for giant advertising balloons and
blimps for a trade show or special event, we are the main supplier for
many aerostat, blimp and balloon resellers worldwide. There are many
avenues through which individuals and businesses may purchase large
aerial advertising products and they use us as their chosen supplier.
There are few actual balloon factories in the USA, and we are one of
them, so these reseller relationships allow us to get more high-impact
advertising products out to the public worldwide. Resellers choose us
because our manufacturing quality is higher than most of our rivals as
we use polyurethane envelopes for our aerial platforms instead of
leak-prone PVC. And we pride ourselves on customer service that exceeds
Products and Brands
aerial imaging systems and surveillance systems are managed by the
Aerial Products brand, and our blimps and balloons are sold through the
Southern Balloon Works brand. Southern Balloon Works has been in the
aerial advertising business since 1992.
Aerial Surveillance Systems
As a natural progression from the manufacture of our aerial photography equipment, Aerial Products began producing systems for defense and surveillance. These aerial surveillance systems range from simpler, cost-effective units to the more robust, high-demand, mission-critical platforms used by the military and DOD research agencies. This defense and surveillance market is served well by our new systems because of our strong aerial imaging base, vast knowledge of software and networking, and experience working with military personnel to hone and develop equipment to their mission requirements. These aerial platforms are used for border control, military reconnaissance, civil authority security, and police surveillance.
Our aerial surveillance systems are used worldwide for mission-critical tasks. We have customers in 45 countries, and the trust of government agencies, corporate clients, and small businesses. Our aerial photography equipment, remote control blimps and advertising balloons are used by businesses throughout the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, South America, Europe, and Australia. We do not supply to countries or organizations defined by the US Government or other authorities as nations that support terrorism.
We have earned the trust of many military and civil organizations:
• The Israeli Defense Force relies on our aerostats to secure their borders.
• Various US defense clients use a range of our solutions, from balloons to payloads.
• We built the first-ever Goodyear-authorized replica remote control Goodyear Blimp.
Aerial Products Lines of Business
Our product line now includes the following main groups:
• Aerostats – blimps, balloons and some odd designs that are stable, wind-resistant aerial platforms
• Aerial Imaging Systems - this product group includes all types of imaging systems such as remote control cameras, stabilized video, thermal imaging, and infra-red photography
• Aerial Surveillance Systems – the LTAS series surveillance systems are feature rich: cost-effective, all-weather and easy to deploy.
• Custom Engineering - we design & build custom solutions for civil authorities, US agencies and universities, as well as corporate clients. Examples of our custom work include high-volume xenon gas containers; and aerial WiFi nodes for emergency services
• Aerial Photography Equipment - a large range of balloon-based and mast based systems for elevated photography. Includes various models of digital and video cameras operated via a wireless ground station with full pan, tilt and zoom capabilities.
• Pneumatic Masts - high-lift mobile masts to elevate the camera systems. Can be vehicle-mounted and/or tripod-mounted poles
• Outdoor RC Blimps - remote control blimps for aerial imaging or advertising
• Outdoor Tethered Blimps – blimps mainly for advertising use
• Heavy Lift Blimps - aerial platforms for payloads up to 130 pounds
• Indoor RC Blimps - advertising platforms for large indoor events
• Indoor Tethered Blimps - advertising blimps for trade shows and events
• Outdoor Giant Advertising Balloons - giant tethered advertising balloons, some with nylon skins
• Indoor Giant Advertising Balloons - large elevated advertising platforms for large-scale indoor events such as trade shows or sports events
• NightLights – backpack carried illuminated advertising balloons for evening concerts, restaurant and shopping plazas
Aerial Products Corporation’s CEO is Kevin Hess. Kevin’s career includes engineering and integrated systems design experience in various industries disciplines including software for image compression, software for supply chain optimization, hardware systems for imaging processing and aerial imaging systems.
Aerial Products Corporation (APC)
11653 Central Parkway, #209
Jacksonville, FL 32224
You’re welcome to visit our factory in Jacksonville, Florida (near Sawgrass TPC). Give us a call anytime to set up an appointment.